Welcome to International Book Club! Introduce Yourself!

California State University, Bakersfield is excited to host new members of International Book Club (IBC) this Fall 2023! Since we have members from all over the world, we would like members to introduce themselves!

Please use this link to Padlet to make a introduction post! You can click the + button in the bottom right corner to make your post.

https://padlet.com/ali466/international-book-club-introductions-td96fdpr697gqdml

Please write your name on your post, and include a selfie/picture if you feel comfortable! Please tell us:

  • What city and country you are from?
  • What school/institution/university do you study at or work at?
  • What are some of your hobbies? (if you enjoy reading a lot, tell us your favorite book!)
  • What are looking forward to most about this book club?

This is a wonderful opportunity to learn about other book club members who live in different time zones and might not be in the same weekly meeting as you! Feel free to comment on each other's posts!

Comments

  1. Hi, my name is keyris I’m from Mexico and I’m so excited to be part of this. Because I think that knowing people from different country’s is an opportunity to have more knowledge, I will say that my hobbie is to paint I love it. I really don’t spend q lot of time reading, but I want to improve it so yeah nice to meet u !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Julia. I’m from the United States, California and I go to California State University of Bakersfield. I’m so excited to join the group, though I have not been able to attend a meeting yet. My hobbies are pretty boring. I mostly read, crochet, scroll through social media and theorize about the shows I watch, I was pretty accurate with the 9th episode of Fionna and Cake :P. I’m looking forward to getting to know new people and share and hear thoughts on the books we are going to read in the future. ໒꒰ྀི ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ꒱ྀི১

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I'm Daniel. I live in Kraków (Poland) and I attend Uniwersytet Komisji Edukacji Narodowej w Krakowie. Unfortunately, due to some scheduling issues, I'll be participating asynchronously. One of my favourite pastimes is creating art, which can be anything from a poem to a sculpture, and reading books, most frequently in audiobook form. The book that made the biggest impression on me would be Shakespeare's "Hamlet". My expectations regarding this book club are centred around the possibility to engage in meaningful conversations that will broaden my horizons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I'm Logan. I live in Bakersfield California. I study at California State University Bakersfield. I enjoy playing volleyball, playing in bands, and listening to music. I look forwards to the experience of learning more about others views on society and culture from around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! My name is Sarah Skenfield. I am so excited to be apart of this club! I am from California in the United States. I go to California State University of Bakersfield as a student. I love anything to do with the arts- singing, acting, dancing, drawing, painting- they all bring me so much joy. I am really looking forward to seeing and reading what other people’s views are and thoughts and opinions are on this book! I am also excited to meet some new people! I think this will be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sitting Pretty - Chapters 1 & 2

Fall 2023 One Book Project - "Sitting Pretty: The View From My Ordinary Resilient Disabled Body" by Rebekah Taussig